What is Aerial Fitness / Stretch / Yoga?
About as much fun you can have under the heading of exercise - challenging but accessible to all fitness levels - Rewarding and gives enormous satisfaction - align your whole body and decompress your spine - effective exercise for the mind and body... THIS WILL MAKE YOU SMILE and you will leave the class feeling taller, lighter with better posture.
Practised by the stars, Geri Halliwell, Richard Branson (Virgin), Dave the hairy biker (from strictly), we are making Aerial Fitness accessible to everyone.
Radio Kent came to interview us and review Anti Gravity July 2012 and broadcast live as the reporter went into a hammock.
Aerial Fitness is a fitness regime designed to increase your overall health and physical agility while having fun and creating beauty. The technique was created by gymnasts for the sake of exploring the air and has been modified and enhanced to fit into the yoga mold and to cater to the everyday athlete.
What is Aerial Fitness/ Aerial Stretch / Aerial Yoga?
This is a class using the hammock. We can stand on the ground and hold it for support, sit in it, lie in it, hand by our hips upside down in it. Fun but very effective at getting super stretches and amazing toning/ strengthening for your entire body
About the hammock
The Hammock is a structural fabric that is connected from two overhead points. It acts like a swing or soft trapeze. The Hammock is utilized to change one's dynamic relationship to the ground, allowing the participant to better understand their body. It is strong enough to hold a baby elephant so YOU will be safe.
Benefits of Aerial Yoga and in the Hammocks
- Increased flexibility, both muscles and joints
- Core strengthening
- Decompression of spine through gentle traction and hydration of vertebral discs
- Upper and lower body strengthening
- Low impact cardiovascular conditioning
- FUN - you won't even realise you are exercising and you will WANT to come back
- Increased self confidence and self esteem
- Improved balance
- Calming and relaxing - de-stressing
- Zero compression inversions allow circulatory and lymphatic systems to refresh
- Unique fun experience that makes you smile and works functional muscles